...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Kenny Being Kenny


Let me get this straight. Jason Varitek and Josh Beckett have a problem with the way Kenny Lofton drops his bat after a walk (or in the case of last night, what he thought was a walk).

I've got a hard time making the Red Sox the Respect Police when they employee a high paid clown in LF, who disrespects every pitcher he ever faced.

Also...love the single off the top of the fence. But that's just Manny being Manny.


I officially don't like the Red Sox. Which is nice, because now I've got a team to root for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take you one step further, Gary - I officially HATE the Red Sox. Not sure who the bigger twat is - Manny, Schilling, Varitek - they're all dickheads.

gary said...

yeah, i'm finding myself loathing these guys more and more. never realized beckett was such a tool (nice necklace, dork), but i think most of it stems from the manny thing. the fact that none of his teammates care tells me something about their character.

Oh...that's right. Manny just hits.

I think i may have to adopt the Yankees as my team, just so i can root against their sorry ass. Say what you will about NY's bloated payroll, and while i don't like George, most of their players...Jeter, Mariano, Posada, et al, are class acts. I like Mattingly as well, so if he gets the job, maybe i'll have to run out and get my 1st Yankees hat.