...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Schalke 05


Good thing I bet that over.  The Inter side play was doomed.

Stan the Man (silly Serb) scores the most amazing goal ever, 20 seconds in.  I go crazy...

STAN THE MAN!!! CLICK HERE!!!!

The next 89 minutes were ruined by the absolute worst defensive play I've ever seen from my beloved Nerazzurri. Schalke hung 5 on our back line. Chivu sucks, and his little helmet makes him look stupid. Andrea Ranocchia looked like a deer in headlights the entire match.  I love Zanetti, but I love him in the midfield...not as one of our fullbacks to be relied on for the occasional D.  Even Maicon is a liability back there.  It looked like we were wearing cement shoes on set pieces.  Michel Therrien thought the Inter defense was soff...



So combine Schalke's 5-2 win with a 4-nil Real Madrid victory over Tottenham, and this basically adds up to a meaningless day of Champions League footie next Wednesday, when these 4 meet for the 2nd leg. Good thing the NHL Playoffs start that day.

TODAY'S CL GAMES:

Let's hope they are better than yesterday's. Scratch that, at least in the Barca match. I'm going to ride my buddy RandoMango's coat tails here, and lay the 2 goals against Shakhtar. Messi and Xavi are rested. And with La Liga pretty much sealed, full focus (if it wasn't already) can be put here.

The Chelsea / Man Utd game appears to have more cracker potential. I'm playing the draw, which would be a good result for Man Utd.

btw: props to my witty pal gbvh for the headline :)  i wish i could take credit.

No comments: