...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Last Steeler Fiesta of the Year

What a BRUTAL effort. The 5th and final Last Steeler Fiesta of the Year brough ZERO intensity from the usual crew. I know I brought my intensity! But you people just flat out sucked. I don't like to call out my mates, and I know the whole "there's no 'I' in team" thingy, but you should all be ashamed to call yourself "fans." The picture above tells the story. The beloved Black & Gold falls at Jacksonville 9-Nil. No thanks to this fan-crew.

I said I wouldn't throw anyone under the bus, just because that's not my style. F*ck it. Under the bus they go...



  • Nick. I didn't see 1 single wave of the Terrible Towel. Did you even bring your towel? Do you even own a towel? Lost it?? That's just downright embarrasing. Smack yourself.
  • Brian. Noticed your Steeler hard hat was spending a lot of time on the table...NOT on your head. Oh, that's right. It gets a little sweaty. I forgot, sweet cakes. Do you think it gets sweaty after 60 minutes in full pads & helmet?!?! What do you think Casey Hampton's pits smell like after a full game in the trenches. I can't imagine it. But I bet it's pretty bad. To think that I actually thought you were a fan.
  • LG. Do you think Willie Parker gets to take naps on the sidelines in between offensive possessions?!?! Oh, I understand. Work. School. Insert More Lame Ass Excuses Here. WAKE UP, MISSY!!! This ain't no rest home!!
  • Dan. Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan. I passed the torch. I delegated the responsibility of the "This play is EVERYTHING" call, and you fail. You fail miserably. Dan, 2nd & 2 at the 50 yard line 4 minutes into the game does NOT require a "This play is EVERYTHING" call. You overused it, and the beloved Steelers paid the price. Your "This play is EVERYTHING" privelages have now been revoked. "This play is EVERYTHING" is a privelage, Dan. It's not a right.
  • Dave. You're a Redskins fan and you bake a cake. Ok. You & Laura get a pass.
  • Carla. 5 Teriyaki wings? No blue cheese or ranch? C'mon. You're better than that.
  • Tyler. You show up AFTER game. OK, I'm listening. I've got my ready-for-excuses headphones on.
  • And finally. My sweet, dear Jessica. One time. ONE time I ask you to handle the DJ duties. It's halftime, and the Steelers are trailing. Time to rally the troops. And instead of hearing the "Steeler Polka," we get "Mamma Mia" by Abba. I'm not even sure I know who you are anymore!?!

Well, it was a nice while it lasted. The Last Steeler Fiesta of the Year brought us 4 straight W's, the biggest of course being Superbowl XL. I know Philly transplanted A.K. is at least happy now that he won't be receiving any more e-mails.

450 wings, 23 pizzas, 5 jars of peach-mango salsa, 18 bags of chips, 1 BIG hoagie (that's "sub" for you non-yensers), and countless tasty beverages later...the run is over. It was good times, and no animals were harmed. At least from what I remember. Oh...it also inspired a commercial (which I hope to have uploaded on here sometime in the near future...confid to Brian: make that happen) as well as a new drink that's sweeping the nation (or at least Dan's household).

Confid to Dan's madre: it's equal parts(1 shot) light rum & dark rum, triple sec, V8 tropical Blend splash with a splash of cranberry. Shake. Pour. Top of with Apricot Brandy. Garnish with 2 cherries & a goofy straw. Thus, you have the End of Summer Beginning of Fall Kick Ass (I'm forgetting something here) P.S. This Drink is EVERYTHING Drink.

Here's pictures of happier times, from the 2nd installment of the "Last Steeler Fiesta of the Year." The Beloved slapped around the Bronco in the 2006 AFC Championship, and this was D-2 immediately following:

No comments: