...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The more I think about it...


the more I think Therrien got screwed. I know the old adage, it's easier to fire the coach than the entire roster, but there are 2 reasons the Pens are under performing this year:

A) Players. This team stinks. The players added are simply not close to what was lost. Also, as of a couple weeks ago, the Pens had close to 200 "Man Games Lost" to injury. Comparatively speaking, the Rangers had 10!!! So, injuries aside, if you agree that the roster is much worse than the one that took the ice against Detroit...then the next reason is...

B) Ray Shero. Sorry, I like Ray, too. But basically, what Shero did by firing Therrien was leave his own noots out to hang. If this team fails to make the make the playoffs after a mid-season change at the helm, Shero MUST take the blame...or at least a good portion of it.

Sorry, but if your HC gets fired, and you go out and lay an egg the next day against THE WORST TEAM IN HOCKEY, motivation is obviously not the problem!!

Also, I think every Pens fan would agree that our PP STINKS!!!!!! We've got 2 of the best players in the league, and we can't score with a man advantage if our life depended on it. So what the f*#k is Mike Yeo still doing with a job if Therrien lost his?

Let's get rid of Gilles Meloche while we're at it.

I'm sorry, but I'm pissed. I'm beginning to think Mike was fired because the Pens brass is prejudice against guys who lack the ability to use a plural.

And I've only seen the Maple Leafs play 3 times this season. How the f*#k does that team ever lose a game?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been watching Blackhawks?

gary said...

No. I wish I could, though.

I'm a long time Ben Eager guy.