...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Let the Right One In

Getting the mind off hockey (and hatred of all things Franzen) for a day, and why not? Saw this last night, and I believe it may be my favorite film of 2008, passing up other contenders, The Wrestler, Milk, Doubt, and The Visitor.

I'll take it one step further, and say it's my favorite vampire movie ever, including the classic Nosferatu. Y'all know my fancy for horror films, but I don't think I'd classify this as a classic horror film. To do that, might be short changing it to non-fans of the genre. Incredibly stylish, without the over-blown Hollywood production, and very poetic. Chilling at times. Do not miss...



Available in an English dubbed version, which was the one I saw.

No comments: