...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Bundelsiga Begins, Liverpool Starts Title Run Tomorrow

Never gave the Bundesliga much thought last year. I mean...following 3 different teams from 3 different Euro leagues can be taxing as it is. But after catching the Stuttgart / Schalke 04 game today, that may have to change.

German football ignorance injection: what does the 04 stand for after Schalke? No. Seriously.

Anyway, what an incredibly exciting game. Stuttgart comes back from a 1-Nil deficit in the 2nd to take a 2-1 lead, only to squander it in the last 10 minutes (or so) on a Ivan Rakitic goal (Rakitic is a Croatian dude. Ned, stand up and be proud my friend...or at least have a beer).



Final 2-2.

So tomorrow, I expect Bayern Munich to start out with 3 points against the promoted Hansa Rostock, and my buddy Nick's squad will never look back. After all, they've got an Italian leading them up front now. Luca Toni, along with other signings Ribery and Klose, will get Bayern Munich back atop the German table.

Wanna win? Get the ball to the Italians.

If Bayern wins Bundesliga, and Toni is a major factor, it'll be fun razzing my favorite little Bayern Munich buddy (who has also claimed that Serie A is shat). Maybe I should get my first #9 Bayern jersey? After all, I loved Toni on Italy's National side, but I very well couldn't cheer for him while he was on Fiorentina.


More importantly, the EPL starts tomorrow, and I'm pumpt. My beloved Liverpool went on a major signing binge this offseason. Babel, Benayoun, Veronin, and stud Athletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres = Championship. There. I said it.

Here's how the EPL will pan out this year. Or maybe not:

  1. LIVERPOOL
  2. Manchester Utd. (sorry Jess)
  3. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Tottenham
  6. Aston Villa
  7. Manchester City
  8. Portsmouth
  9. Newcastle
  10. Everton
  11. Blackburn
  12. Bolton
  13. Middlesbrough
  14. Reading
  15. Sunderland
  16. Fulham
  17. West Ham
  18. Birmingham
  19. Wigan
  20. Derby

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we used to get saturday triple headers on tv up here. now all we get is one game. facking hell.
today's is west ham-man city.

Anonymous said...

The "04" is for the year the club was founded.

gary said...

that's stoopid

:)

gary said...

that's stoopid

:)