...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Joe Lies When He Cries

So I'm watching the Little League World Series Sunday, completely engulfed in the extra inning affair between Georgia and Japan. Maybe "engulfed" is a tad overboard. But the 8th inning walk-off HR by some kid from Georgia was pretty cool.

Georgia kids and families go berzerker. The Japanese kids cry.

What's with all the fricking crying?!?!? I mean...I'm not picking on the Japanese kids, because every losing team cries.

Not to sound like the old guy, "when I was a kid...blah, blah, blah," but when I was a kid, if you cried after a baseball game, you were ridiculed by your fellow Little League-ers. It was embarrassing. Now it's like the in-thing to do. Grow up, already. It's a frickin baseball game! It's not like your coach slapped you on National TV or anything...


No comments: