...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Boston Spaceships at the Blind Pig

Hence, the Blind Pig

slowly churning these out. Leg 2...

P1010513

Probably one of the best shows we saw on the tour, with thanks to Canada, Bob's Big Boy, and perhaps the happiest cab driver on the planet. Also ran into John Sellers, and enthusiastically1 introduced myself. I believe we'd met back in 2004 at a NY show, but that was before I'd read his book Perfect From Now On: How Indie Rock Saved My Life, which is a tremendously funny and refreshing read for anyone that thinks us indie "hipsters" are too cool for school. I don't think he believed me when I said I read the footnotes, as well. I did2.

Dorothy one more time. This one's pretty good, I think...



It's another busy day...(WARNING: very shaky cam at certain points, tuff times shooting this down close)...


Oh, then there was this dude Eric from San Fran, who we'd run into 3 more times in the next 4 days. Nice dude. Hope you got home safe, partner.

More PIX here

1 translation = drunkenly
2 seriously

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god i love andy playboy.