...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Your little hood rat friend...she's been calling me again

Late notice on this, kids...

but the one and only Hold Steady will be playing at the Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead tonight. Drive-By Truckers will also be on hand. Early show, and we're not quite sure who will open for who. EC will sadly be missing this one, so the rawk will have to go on without us, I suppose.

I don't quite get the choice of venue, but as our not-so-favorite saying goes, "it is, what it is." Hopefully, attendees won't be sitting in their seats too long (EC Tip of the Day: just because there's a seat, does not mean you have to sit in the effin thing!) Oh...and Carnegie Music Hall does not have a liquor license. So if you prefer to have a pop with your rock...don't be too disappointed. I think they offer Twizzlers, though.

From the 2006 record, Boys and Girls in America, CHIPS AHOY!....



Shout out to friend of the program, Larry, who I believe will be in attendance! You go, dude. You go.

2 comments:

Kono said...

Had a ticket but didn't go due wife and kid issues and after reading the message board i'm glad i didn't, apparently security was a bit overzealous, good chance i would've ended up in the Munhall jail, and there was no booze.

gary said...

That sucks. I can't understand why some acts, especially one like this, would book that place.

I mean...maybe a Neko Case could play there...but not a rawkin show like the Hold Steady. I seriously don't get it.