...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Rugby > American Football


I've quietly held this belief for some time, but I think now is the time to take my stance public. I don't get the endless love for football, when rugby gives people everything they like in football, but does it better.

Everyone constantly endorses football for the big hit by big guys in order to control an oblong ball. Now, with rugby, you get big guys laying big hits, with next to no padding, in order to control an oblong ball. Not to mention the clock hardly stops and they would laugh at something called a "tv timeout." Football is the half hearted sibling of rugby, yet this country eats it up. Not that I'm turning my back on football, I'm just wondering out loud how it's better counterpart can't even begin to grasp a ounce of attention while football can do no wrong.

That and Walt Anderson will probably never experience this...

1 comment:

gary said...

That does it! I need to find a rugby team to follow!

Willing to take on suggestions.

Dude? You bumped my Talking Heads post? Rats!