...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Week that Sucked


My TV heard me talking about it. After 13+ glorious years together, my 35" Toshiba called it quits on me. Right at the conclusion of Wait Until Dark, moments before Alan Arkin is about to pounce all over Audrey Hepburn, Toshiba pulled its own plug. Perhaps it heard Jess & I discussing the purchase of a new flat screen for football season. Maybe it thought we were just using it to get through the lame month that is August. Or maybe Toshiba's just a quitter like its pal the VCR. I'd like to think that we had some quality years together, and leave it at that. No need in hurling insults at the end of a relationship.

Instead of getting a proper burial, Toshiba was simply rolled down the hill before being neatly placed next to this dumpster. For that, I feel bad. Toshiba...you will always be remembered for the good times. Superbowl XL. Countless episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The time you and your VCR partner teamed up and gave me The Big Lebowski for the 1st time. Da Ali G Show. That Fiesta Bowl a few years ago when Oregon St smacked the piss outta Notre Dame 41-9. So many memories.

Anyway, Toshiba is now being replaced by LG, a 42" flat screen, all primed & ready for some HD. However, the model we wanted is on back order and will take a week to deliver. Hence, the Week that Sucked. No tube for an entire WEEK! Thank God it's August.

If you have any fond memories of time you spent with Toshiba, please sign our guest book, and leave your comments here:

No comments: