...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

McCarverisms, What 'Manny Being Manny' means to me

I swear, during Tuesday's 7 run 5th inning for Cleveland, I heard Tim McCarver in his ultimate wisdom (Casey Blake had led the inning off with a HR)...

"One would think, that a lead-off walk would lead to more runs scored, than a lead-off home-run. Not true. This year, there have been more runs scored after a lead-off home-run than a lead-off walk."

Really? That one had me scratching my head. Think about it for a second.

off the subject: Does Mike Lowell look like he's pissed? All the time?

One more from the McCarver files Tuesday...referring to the Indians, leading 7-3, holding the Red Sox in the top half of the 7th, Tim enlightened us mathematically challenged people...

"Right now, the Red Sox have 9 outs to get 4 runs."

Thanks Tim.


A lot of people think Manny's act is cute. Often, it is. But I've come to translate "Manny being Manny" as: Manny's the biggest dildo in baseball.

Chasing 4, about to go down 3 games to 1, Manny proved the only thing he cares about is his own #'s.

Word is that Indians Mgr Eric Wedge warned his players about retaliating. I guess Wedge is a much bigger person than me, because Manny would've been wearing one in his back after his next at bat. I would've plunked the next guy in the line-up as well (Lowell, I believe), because it doesn't appear that any of Manny's teammates care about being embarrassed by him.

I don't care what kind of numbers the guy puts up, he's a dirt bag. And I wouldn't want him on any team I root for. Since I don't have a favorite baseball team, I'm glad I don't have to worry about selling out, and rooting for a classless turd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

manny is a fucking doughboy.
good hustle on that "home run" last night...what a clown.
and that was some fine knock-my-helmet-off-on-purpose-to-make-it-look-like-i'm-hustling hustle towards home too -- a dead duck by about 10 feet.

that guys like this can score that kind of bread speaks volumes about baseball.

the next time you decide to ric flair it when you hit a homer that gets your team to within four runs remember -- it's a team sport. or so they say.