...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Just like I was saying last week, getting rid of Therrien...


was the right thing to do. The Pens are once again flying high after a 4 point weekend road trip, without #87. New HC Dan Bylsma has proved me right once again.

Geno Machino is playing like a beast, Staal has come out of his funk, Fleury is playing with confidence once again. I see this team slowly crawling up the standings as of this point forward...possibly to a #5 seed. A 1st round match-up against the Flyers would be oh-so sweet. Pens in 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11:59pm? Really?

I think Staal has come out of his funk because he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. The guy plays when he needs to. I don't like that characteristic about him at all. Thing is, he WILL stay because Kunitz so far, so good. If we were to have a bad weekend, Staal's peacin.