...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Pucker, Pucker, Pucker" Guy Makes Joke; Too Soon?

Mike Valenti, a co-host of a Detroit is in a spot of trouble.

Valenti read two comments from listeners about college basketball and one about baseball, then a joke about a capsized boat in Lake St. Clair. The hosts laughed, and crumpling paper could be heard.

Valenti declined to comment to the Free Press. But on the air, he said: “I just offer you my sincerest apologies. It was completely ridiculous to put it on the air, and again, it comes to me. The only thing I can promise you as my listeners, it won’t happen again. Otherwise, I’ll tell you right now, I don’t deserve to be around.” Debbie Kenyon, the station’s market manager, said: “We fully agree that the comment was absolutely inappropriate.”

Asked if Valenti would face further discipline, Kenyon said: “I think I’ve said enough. We’ve addressed the issue with Mike the way we feel is best. The on-air apology is pretty big. We don’t do that very often.”


I'm not here to judge. In fact, the only reason I mention this at all is because he was featured on EC back in March 21 2007, on the "You're Like a Big Bear" post. Mikey is the man behind the greatest on-air meltdown, EVER...




...EVER!


Sadly, I can't find the audio file anywhere online, nor will blogger let me post my file. However, youtube is here for the save..



In all it runs close in 15 minutes, but is worth every second.


... i'm tired

No comments: