...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Rex

BJM

Love these dudes. But admittedly, I was pessimistic prior to going. Just being cautious not to get my hopes up, as I had heard some disappointment before. Last time I had the chance, they were opening up for GBV in 2004...Henry Fonda Theatre in LA. But we were partying pre-show up the street (thanks Kev!!), and the BJM was simply not on the mind at the time (rarely was any opening act when 2.5 hours of pure GBV bliss was ready to unfold).

Anyways...Monday was a ton of fun. Matt Hollywood back in the fold, along with tambourine smackin Joel. A slew of old favs were played, including "Satellite", "Servo", "Oh Lord", "Nevertheless", "That Girl Suicide", "Anenome", "Vacuum Boots." Here's one we got once we moved to the back..."Got My Eye On You"...



Here's another from up front. This person had to have been right in front of us. I don't know "loveofknowledge" form YouTube, but thanks for posting! "Oh Lord"...



Most of the band, minus Anton, made their way back to the bar afterwards. Dork that I am...I had to snag a picture with Matt Hollywood...

Me & Matt Hollywood

MORE PICS HERE

2 comments:

Jables said...

I fuckin wish I drove down for this show dude. Looks like the classic lineup is back!! So jealous. Awesome videos by the way!

Kono said...

was hoping to make this show but was still a bit ill coughing up my lungs, now i'm bummed i missed it.