...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Viva Milan Derby


YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boys from Inter Milan take down AC Milan,4-3 in the year's first Milan Derby at San Siro. HELL YA!!!

My boy, Marco Materazzi, puts in what would eventually be the game winner with a beautiful header off of a free kick from Ivan Cordoba. That gave Inter a commanding 4-1 lead, but Materazzi got yellow carded for the celebration (above). His second yellow of the game made Inter shorthanded for the rest of the game...providing AC Milan with the much needed spark to rally. Down 4-2 going into extra time, Kaka put in the 3rd AC Milan goal during innjury time. Inter would hold off a furious rally in the last couple minutes to hold on.

Easily the best I soccer game I have ever seen. Or since I became a fan 4 months ago.

Three days later, we notch a big 1-Nil victory over Spartak Moscow in the UEFA Champions League, putting us back into 2nd place in Group B behind Bayern Munich.


Coincidence that Inter has looked more impressive since sending Adriano back to Brazil? I'm no expert, so I dunno. But Adriano has looked pretty uninspired in all of the other Inter games I've watched.

Anyways...this match is being rebroadcast on GolTV Thursday night at 9:00pm. So after The Office, throw this one on for some thrilling Serie A action. Sorry if I spoiled the ending.

No comments: