...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Pleasure Principle


Gary Numan's 1979 classic is getting the re-issue treatment, available from Beggars Group. The double CD comes complete with an "expanded edition" including demos and remastered stuff, along with a bonus disc "1979 the Live EPs."

One of the very first records I owned as a little kid, I don't think I ever realized its magic until a long time afterward. Sure, "Cars" was the big hit back in da day. But this record from top to bottom would be one of my favs of all time without that track. From beginning to end, this is one truly awesome record. Get the re-issue, give it some time, and see for yourself.

The 2nd track from tPP...

No comments: