...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Thermals

Nothin to do with nothin, here. Just paroozing around, and noticed Seattle-Powerpop had linked one of my Portastatic vids from the Warhol last October. So, while checking out their blog, which I highly recommend, I came across some old Thermals. (Old being relatively relative here...this vid only goes back a couple years).

But I forgot how pissed I was that I'd missed these guys when they opened for GBV in '04. Can't remember why we did, but bottom line...we did. So that sucks. I'm sure pre-show drinks & socialized farting around had something to do with it.

Anyway, after checking out Seattle-Powerpop, and other blogs like Waved Rumor (from NYC) in the past day or so, I realize once again how much I miss Chicago...and that my little town of Pittsburgh sucks as far as attracting quality bands.

But I've got my Pens, DAMMIT!

And HEY!!! The Hold Steady is coming MONDAY kids! Just checked tonight, and it's still not sold out...so go to the ticketbastard, and join Jess & I on Monday. I'll buy you a beer. Seriously.

Getting off the tangent, here's that Thermals vid. Love seeing bass player Kathy Foster getting silly. Pogo. Rawk. Bliss. Fun....


Go over to The Thermals myspace page, or check out Sub Pop Records for more. Buy a record while you're there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you may get hold steady but we get LAMB OF GOD baby!