...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Colossal!! (i believe he said)

So Jess, 9 months later, we finally get a post.

I didn't know you wanted to get involved in the conversation Mr. Helper.
- Professor Terguson

Funny, I believe Kurt Vonnegut (r.i.p.) made a cameo in that movie I'm quoting above. Bonus points for whoever gets that first. (hint: stars another dead dude.)

moving on...Jess: for a brief moment there, it sounded as though you worship Colin Meloy more than Bob. BLASPHEMER!!!!

Anyway, you forgot 1 thing in your post: No mention of futbol.

As the title of the video states, the following may be the greatest goal ever, Barca vs. Getafe last week. And what a coincidence...Lionel Messi's Argentine jersey just showed up today at my door step. (and I would love for someone to interpret the "colossal!!!!!" or whatever he's saying...it's beautiful)



Other footie news: my Inter boys finally lost a Serie A match; Man U comes back to beat AC Milan 3-2 in one of the best Champions League matches I've seen (the Kaka goal was a beaut as well); Chelsea downed Liverpool 1-nil today. I can't wait to visit Piper's Pub, which just reopened, for the remainder of the semi's and Champions' final.

No comments: