...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Game 3 Buzzkill

Kind of a funny sign we saw at the Souper Bowl prior to Sunday's game. Not funny: the trash that was booing the Canadian National Anthem. But hey, every city has their contingent. I've grown to loathe Ottawa just like the next sensible person, but have some class in your disdain.

So unless the Pens win tonight in Game 5, looks like Jess & I went to our only playoff game on Sunday. I hate losing. Worse yet, I hate losing to the f$^%in Senators...those whiny little turds. Brian Murray's the chief crybaby. I can't stand Mike Comrie. And after Jason Spezza's little crying spat about Colby Armstrong's pummeling of Patrick Eaves, he goes into the bitch-bin as well.

*** BTW, our newly acquired seats were kick ass!! (see more pics here) ***

The hit on Eaves was perfectly clean. Here's a tip, Spezza: tell your boy to keep his head up. He was playing the puck, and Armstrong lit him up. No penalty called. That's part of the game. End of story. Speaking of...here's a shot of Eaves after that hit. Thankfully, he wasn't seriously hurt, so I've got no qualms saying I enjoyed seeing it live:

The following fight ensued which I got most of on vid (I believe that's me obnoxiously yelling "YEAH, CHRIST STICK HIM!!!", I think I was a goon in a previous life):


As far as the Pens go, a lot of blame's been shifted to Fleury, but he needs some major help on D. Joe Melichar's a turnover waiting to happen. Gonchar's had a brutal series. Oh...and Malkin: quit skating around in circles and PUT THE PUCK ON NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Oh...and thanks to LG and Tyler for Game 4 festivities. Send more shots***

Anyhow, if they do go down in 5, my only other regret will be Michel Therrien benching Georges Laraque for the Games 2-4. Seeing Laraque pound on a couple Senators would've been a little redemption. But judging by the looks of Game 1, when Laraque was running over people at the end of the game, it doesn't look like any of the Sens were gonna man up anyway.

*** and off the subject...my apologies in advance to the 3 devoted readers I've got out there for the lack of posting. i promise to pick it up a notch. I've BEEN BUSY!! ***

No comments: