...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, April 20, 2007

End of a Season, End of an Era

So the Pens go down in 5. Kinda disappointing. We all knew the Cup was a reach, but it would've been nice to win 1 series. It also would've been nice to attend more than 1 FRICKIN HOME GAME with my ticket package I was so proud to have bought.

But it was a nice run. Exciting season, so thanx to Sid and crew for that. Also...thanks for the game 2 winner, probably the most intense playoff game I've seen since the 5 OT'er vs. Philly a few years back. I think Tirpak and I wore a whole in my carpet pacing the living room last Saturday. Speaking of Tirpak...

(and the "end of an era portion"), another CSC era has come to a close. Glad I got to see the last show of the year up at RMU-TV. Very touching moment...seeing Brian & Nick, my 2 protegees bring close to their CSC anchoring days. Seems like only yesterday I was watching Nick's very 1st audition tape, and thinking, "look at this poor gentleman here." We've all got stories.

No pictures to speak of, but the CSC finale brought back this fond memory of a few years back:

No comments: