...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ass Hat: Stephen Jackson

Last month, when the beautiful people from Colonial Sportscenter asked me to co-host a "Retro Show," I forgot to mention that they had managed to get all-time RMU leading rusher Sam Dorsett as our guest. Sam's a fun guy...and props to him for landing a gig on Joe Walton's staff as the new Colonial RB's Coach.

So anyways, Sam got to witness first hand, the delivery of an Ass Hat (nicely played by AJ I might add), which was a staple on the show circa 2004-05. At the end of the show, Sam came over to the big desk (he was on a separate set), and politely asked: "If I mess up this year (football wise), please don't give me the booty hat."

Frickin Hilarious. I need to find a way that I can YouTube some of those CSC clips, and get them out to the kids. Moving on...the very first Ass Hat on Empties Crushed goes to (insert drum roll here):


Jackson, after falling down 2 games to Nil in their series against Utah, gave us this enlightening piece of wisdom:

"It's just 2 losses. I've been hit by a car."

Don't believe much else needs to be expanded on here. I think we'll find that the NBA will be an easy target for future Ass Hats.

***********************************************************

La Liga update: holy crap...Barcelona could only manage a draw yesterday against Real Betis, so they're now tied w/ Real Madrid atop the table with 66 points (but down in the goal differential tiebreak). Sevilla's 2 back at 64. Valencia got back into the mix with a win, down 4 points from the top with 4 rounds left.

All La Liga UEFA Cup final on Wednesday: Sevilla vs. Espanyol

No comments: