...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Huge Post of the Day

About a month ago, I discovered the Jim Rome Show was now being broadcast in Pittsburgh on Fox, 970 AM. I'm fortunate that I can listen to some sports talk radio during the day, but I have gotten WAY tired of listening to the whiny voiced, tabloid-ever-searching Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio. The "Big Show", as they call it when the pompous Keith Oberman joins in, only exponentially increases the brutalities to these ears. Patrick alone sucks. The two together are unlistenable.

The pleasure I get at 1:00 pm everyday now when I turn the dial off of that turd is (in Rome voice): Phenomenal.

The only bad part: at 3:00, Rome is OUT, and in comes local ass bag Tim Benz. That's when I switch back to ESPN and listen to Mark Madden (a fellow Liverpool fan) rip on some moronic yensers.

Speaking of Rome, this is funny...Frank Caliendo, who is more known for doing his John Madden impersonation, on the Randy Miller show imitating Jim Rome...baking an Apple Bavarian Tort. FUNNY, FUNNY STUFF:

(left click to play; right click to download)
Frank Caliendo - Jim Rome's Apple Tort

Speaking of Caliendo, Frank's coming back to Pittsburgh, July 12-15 at the Improv. I highly recommend it. And don't hesitate, b/c these tix (especially the Fri. & Sat. shows) will sell out quick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Funny stuff. He's hilarious. Love the blog

your pal................DK