...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mr. Small's Upcoming

hey kids...quick note on a few upcomings at the lovely Mr. Small's theatre:

starting with, TONIGHT!!! They Might Be Giants. 8:00pm. Unfortunately, I will not be there. I've got better things to do...like go to class.

Make sure you check out the following video, linked directly to the TMBG site. Click on "Pittsburgh" for the "Mr. Small's" venue song, complete with an introduction from that dorky dude on the PC vs. Mac commercials:

TMBG - Mr. Smalls (and other Venues if you feel adventurous) Video(s)

Also: this coming Monday: Pretty Girls Make Graves. 8:00pm. Good News...I do NOT have class. I think I'll be there. I thought these guys/gals broke up a few months ago. I guess not. Go download some stuff here:

Pretty Girls Make Graves Download Page

And if you were planning on going to see Ween on June 14th, the good news...I don't have class. The bad news...it's SOLD OUT. FAAAAAAAAACK!!

And confid to Tirpak: your ole pal from Girl Talk is playing there Friday.

And finally, thanx to one of my Chicago peeps, JJJ, for giving me the heads up on a relatively new band who'll be playing at Diesel Thursday: Young Galaxy. I guess they opened up for The Dears last winter (here's the test to see if Lumley's reading. I'm looking at you NICK!). I'm planning on going to this next Thursday. Go check out some Young Galaxy stuff here:

Young Galaxy (Arts & Crafts site)

and here for a little review from the Speed of Dark Blog

and here's a Pitchfork review (thanks JJJ)

No comments: