...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Infield Insanity

Last weekend, Jess & I made the trek out to Baltimore, so we could witness 1st hand the craziness of the Pimlico Infield during the 2007 Preakness. Insanity puts it mildly. Fortunately (or, unfortunately depending on how you look at it), working undercover as part of the "Special Security" of the Infield, I had to remain sober so I could monitor any obscenely drunken activity. Luckily, my immediate crew of patrons remained relatively sober as well, so revealing my identity was not necessary. Here's my partner, who shall remain nameless in order to protect his identity:


I know what you're thinking if you saw me on this lovely day: "hey dude, you didn't appear to be sober." It's all part of the disguise, my friend. It's an art I've mastered over the years. Moving on...

Now I was not around the part of the infield that this video was shot from (I was busy apprehending a white male youth who had exposed himself to a "Black Eyed Susan" vendor while simultaneously enticing a riot by chanting "here we go Steelers, here we go"), but this will give you a nice indication of the atmosphere:


From what I'm told by my inside sources, the object of this little game was to get from one end of the urinals to the other without getting knocked off by flying beer cans. Interesting concept.

Two of my comrades eventually came to break up this little fight, saving me the need to reveal my true identity. This video was shot using a miniature camera that was hidden within my beer coolie. Pretending to pound beers, while not spilling on the pen-sized camera is an art I have mastered. A tougher challenge was pretending to do a beer bong, without actually drinking any beer. Again...it takes years of practice...

for part 2, more of the same, go here:

part 2, bloody face, others sing


for more pics of crazy-silliness that I pretended to partake in, go here: Preakness 2007

No comments: