...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Best 45 Minutes of Football I've Ever Seen


Granted, being a relatively new fan of the game, "ever" covers a pretty small sampling. But anyone, fan or not, who witnessed the Barcelona / Zaragoza match Wednesday got a real treat.

I know I go on my tangents about why I love this game, but this display of excellence from Barca, against a pretty good Zaragoza squad, was an absolutely amazing and dazzling display of athleticism and teamwork. Infrickingcredible. If you have the means, I highly recommend checking out a reply...and simply watch the 1st half.

And Lionel Messi is the Best Player on the Planet. There...I said it.

GOLTV will be showing a replay - THIS FRIDAY - 4:30pm EST. Set the DVR's, the VCR's, the Beta's...whatever you need to do. But if you ever felt like giving this beautiful game a try, check out this performance from Barca. AND...you get to hear the wits and passion of the one and only Ray Hudson. Commenting on how unstoppable Barcelona was in the 1st half, Hudson compared defending them by saying...

"It's like trying to nail jello to the ceiling."

One more note from the football world, which somehow passed by my last post:
Toronto FC has scored a goal.

We lost. But we got a goal. 800 and some minutes of drought is over. Here's looking to next year, TFC. I'm still on board.

2 comments:

Hudsonland said...

If you like a little Hudson, may I humbly suggest a visit to http://hudsonia.blogspot.com ?

and yes, that was a cracking first half ...

gary said...

GREAT blog! Luvin it.