...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's Division I Football!!

(said in Colorado HC Dan Hawkins voice)


After today's crazy college ball saturday, I couldn't help but be reminded about this little tirade here...

Coach to kid: "Go play intramurals."

Financial interests took a small hit today. Sure. But other than my beloved Nittany Lion, I had no real rooting interest in all of the other Top 20 upsets today.

Oklahoma = Loser. Texas = Loser. Rutgers = Loser. Clemson = Loser. WVU = Loser (friday). And yes, Penn St = Loser.

But as I caught the last minutes of the Auburn / Florida game, I couldn't help but root for Auburn after they showed some Florida chic in the stands wearing a foam gator hat...crying...while the game was still tied. Florida = Loser.

Speaking of "Florida = Loser", Urban Meyer was looking way too cool for school when he called that last second timeout to ice the Auburn kicker. A tad pompous, perhaps. Ala Charlie Weiss or Brian Billick. I'm glad they lost. F 'em.

Oh...and Notre Dame is now 0-5. Notre Dame = Loser, again.

As far as football without commercials goes...

Liverpool = Winner. Inter = Winner. Barcelona = Winner. Toronto FC = okay, another Loser.

No comments: