...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Please Show the QB's Parents in the Stands One More Time

Please! It'll be great. Promise.
Jimmy Clausen. The next Ron Powlus? Maybe?


Most of yens probably don't remember the heir to Rick Mirer, the golden boy who was supposed to win 2 (yes...2!!) Heisman trophies, per Beano Cook.

Who knows. Clausen will probably end up being a great QB. Maybe better than Brady Quinn. But where will that get the Golden Homers in the long run? Another ass blasting in another major bowl they didn't deserve?

Fact is, besides NBC and the Irish faithful, Notre Dame's proud football tradition has become meaningless in the larger scope of things. The majority of the top echelon recruits don't care about the nine horseman, or whatever. They want Southern Cal, Florida, Texas, or...Happy Valley!

How much fun was that? Notre Dork even tried to make it interesting for awhile. The nifty little screens, flares to the wideouts in the flats, dump offs. Clausen should be proud that he went 8 for his 1st 10, or whatever. Actually, Charlie Weiss should be proud he kept a leash on his golden child. Otherwise, it could've gotten ugly. Like Michigan ugly.

Save that Michigan thought...

I shouldn't blast ND so much. But...hating on ND makes me love college football so much more. It's nothing personal. I just don't like their pompous ass. And it's even that much better when your team pounds them.

That's the magic in football. Bust yer ass all week, Saturday and Sunday come, watch your guys knock the crap out of their guys. It's nice.

Michigan. Dude. I'm not a Wolverine hater. But how bad has it got? 39-7 at home? I know it's those crazy Ducks, and Dennis Dixon is aw good n' shits...but seriously? Crazy thing is...they could still win the Big 10. I doubt it...but it's mathematically possible...and stuff.

And speaking of Charlie Weiss. I know I called him "Chubby" the other day, and for that I apologize. I am one with my bloatedness, so I wasn't trying to poke fun. As a matter of fact, I'd heard some of the f*t jokes tonight, and it sounded rather childish. So I wasn't trying to go there. I just think he's a dick. Nothing personal.

HEY...and speaking of Clausen, I've got no idea where this came from...but THIS IS CLASSIC WHOEVER'S THIS IS. CLICK HERE!!!!!!

No comments: