...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I officially loathe the "Great Guinness Toast"


Cute idea. And a fantastic marketing campaign...

Get a bunch of saps together to celebrate some annual made-up toast thingy to drink your beer at local establishments everywhere for the sake of saying it's a world record? Brilliant!

I get it. And from what I remember of the minimal times I've actually consumed Guinness, not a terribly bad brew. But when I lose my buzz (or can't order food because the kitchen closed during this whole fiasco) because I can't get served due to the stampede of amateurs who invade the bar for their stoopid little toast for 45 minutes surrounding 11:00pm...I boo your Guinness. Sorry.

No comments: