...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Captain's Dead

R.I.P.



Lou Albano will always be remembered in these parts for managing my favorite wrestler as a kid, The Magnificent Muraco. I recall being younger, and trying to imitate Captain Lou by stapling rubber bands to my face. And then wanting to beat the crap outta any of my friends who chanted "Beach Bum" at my boy Muraco. Oh, the memories...

6 comments:

Jables said...

I saw on my feed that you posted something called CAPTIANS DEAD. I knew right away what you were talking about. Just herd it on Stern. Sad.

gbvh said...

Great headline, but, dude, wrestling is fake.

gary said...

But I didn't know that at the time!!

:)

I used to hate Bob Backlund's ponce ass!!

gbvh said...

You hated Bob Backlund?
Respect the president of the United States of America, Gary, or you'll get a cross-face chicken wing for your troubles.

gary said...

Ha!!! I was all about Muraco, Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, Roddy Piper, and the likes. More of a fan of the "bad guys." I even like Snuka when he turned bad.

Wasn't Backlund referred to as Howdy Doodie or Opie or something like that. He was a goody two-shoed turd. Same for Pedro Morales. Intercontinental Champ my ass.

gbvh said...

YOST
IS
KING