...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Arrivederci Marco Materazzi


The 37 yo central defender is being let out of his final year with my beloved Inter Milan. We will miss you buddy. In Marco's honor, we will retire my Inter #23 home jersey, the very first soccer jersey I got way back (a whole 5 years ago) when I fell in love with the game. It's going to be hung in the rafters of the man cave. Mr. Materazzi has not returned our phone calls about attending the ceremony.

Word on the streets: he may be moving to the Prem to join QPR or possibly could land in MLS. TFC, perhaps?!?!?! And then he'll be back at Inter in a management role after his final year of playing.

While the chance of him going to Toronto are pretty much nil, let it be known: I would be the first kid on my block with a Toronto FC Materazzi jersey...if that were to happen.

No comments: