...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Monday, June 06, 2011

been busy listening to the Birdcage. ILB.

The 2-3-whatever week EC hiatus is over.  Call it a mini-slump.  I'm back...ready to come outta my shoes.  Back in the box and ready to rake!  Sorta like a bastard.  It's time to get this stupid blog going once more.  Gonna feed it a ribbon of fat.  Speaking of...

Been listening to Robert Pollard's new album Lord Of the Birdcage pretty much non stop since it arrived last week.  Mixing in a little Times New Viking (playing the Burgh Friday July 22!!), but it's been mostly Bob and the Birdcage non stop.

I'm officially placing it atop my favorite Bob albums of the year, ahead of the Mars Classroom record from the previous month. I've heard the term grower, but there's some instant hits throughout. If I had to rate the 12 tunes off of LOtB, I would probably place the following somewhere in the middle...



Not saying I'm not a fan of "Silence Before Violence", this record is just that good. Not since We All Got Out Of the Army, can I remember taking a record and just flipping it over and over and over over...

btw: don't know who mordantfilms is over on the YouTubes, but props mate. Actually, "Silence Before Violence" may move up my personal LOtB chart after watching that.

and thanks to gbvh once again for the forward and the motivation :)

buy Lord Of the Birdcage at Rockathon.

2 comments:

gbvh said...

Still waiting for the actual, physical, tangible, real copy to arrive at the doorstep.

Sigh . . .

gbvh said...

SBV ... TPFG

(Too prog for Gary.)