...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Steeler Nation

My inside sources have informed me that Steelers training camp started earlier this week in Latrobe. Must see video (for Steeler fans, at least):

NFL Films presents: Steeler Nation

Gets me all tingly and stuff. Since it's pretty essential video, and a little longer viewing time, we'll leave this up in the dorky ESPN-ish "Right Now" section so it doesn't get lost in the EC shuffle. Thanks to Tirpak for this.

More good news!! Not only did the Steelers sign their entire draft class previous to training camp (#1 pick Lawrence Timmons signed earlier this week), but Troy Polamalu was signed to a 4 year extension, making him the highest paid Steeler ever, and the highest paid Safety in the NFL.

This could be the 1st Steeler jersey I've ever owned where the player wasn't gone within 2 years of me purchasing the shirt. Those dubious shirts I've bought, where I was that guy, walking into the stadium with a jersey of a player whose NO LONGER ON THE FRICKIN TEAM...

Hardy Nickerson, Greg Lloyd, Levan Kirkland, Kendrell Bell

No comments: