...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

If Bruce Springsteen is the Boss...


I fucking quit.

Sorry...I can't take that as an EC original. Dave Grohl is the originator of such Bruce dissing. I can't say I disagree, though. Let's face it...Bruce sucks. Ditto on that lame ass "Born in the USA" song. Sorry. Don't go all Ron Kovic "Love It or Leave It" on me, now. I'm simply saying Springsteen and that song in particular both blow ass. The Sopranos dude with the stupid thing on his head has to go, too. You don't rock, dude...let it go. Let. it. go.

"The Boss" will definitely NOT be heard at halftime for our little Superbowl Festivus, though. Much better tuneage will be in place as we can continue to consume pop and bury hoagies at halftime.

Actually...here's my entire schedule for Sunday (and whoever else will be partying with me and the EC clan):

The first Bloody Mary will be consumed bright and early...

9:00am - Inter Milan vs. Torino - live on FSC
11:00am - Liverpool vs. Chelsea - live on FSC
1:00pm - Barcelona vs. Racing - delayed from 11:00am on the DVR

(during these 6 hours, there will be 4.5 hours of "action")

3:00 - 6:00 - Superbowl Preview Crap. Once I get bored with hearing the same bullshit for the 20th time in 2 weeks, which may only take 15 minutes, the iPod will be rawking.

6:00 - The Beloved wins their NFL record 6th Superbowl. Some Cardinals will get lit up in the process. We'll "Oooo." We'll "Aaaa." We'll drink. We'll eat. We'll celebrate. We'll watch a whole bunch of commercials.

Did I actually hear the Cardinals and dork Kurt Warner play the "no respect" card??? If you really need extra motivation to win a Superbowl, your lame ass bird is already cooked. I lost respect for Kurt Warner the minute he had his wife call in a radio talk show to stick up for him. Get ready to fumble, Kurt...a lot.

And finally...is our Mayor still going by Luke Steelerstahl?

4 comments:

TB said...

Any friend of Grohl's is a friend of mine. Love that quote.

But why crack on Silvio Dante? Shame on you!

Anonymous said...

i think you're forgetting "australian open finals" in your schedule.

love how the rodge manhandled dickrod.

Kono said...

Hate to pull against a top geezer and his team but i've got 2 Chelski scumbags on my fantasy teams and no one from the Pool, though i did have your beloved for a while and he served me well... and after the little fiasco with Club Pittsburgh i think the boy mayor changed his name to Luke Bathroomstahl. Watch out for the wide stance.

gary said...

LOL!!