...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Note to Dumb Ass Kids on Airplanes

You know that seat back that's staring you in your stupid ass face as you sit on a plane? Well...on the other side of that seat back is another human being, who most likely has their back firmly resting against it.

So every time you kick, or punch, or whatever it is you feel like doing to that seat back...remember this: There is someone in front of you who feels it EVERY time, and is really holding back their temptation to grab you by your STUPID FUCKING FACE and shove you in an overhead compartment.

I, too, was young once. Although I never really played with it myself, I can see how one could get a kick out of playing with the fold-up tray. I always enjoyed the functionality of the indentation in the tray that would firmly hold your plastic cup as I buried my peanuts. But that's just me. I guess I'm a lame ass for not seeing the enjoyment I could've had by constantly folding the tray up and down so it banged against the back of the chair. Or maybe I realized that would anger the person in front of me, and I didn't want anyone to grab my face?

To the parents of said dumb ass kids, realize this: teach them some common sense manners, or risk having a tired, pissed off, fellow traveler do it for you....the unpleasant way.

HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU:

Dumb ass kid sitting in 8A on US Airways Flight 632 from Phoenix to Pittsburgh on Saturday 1/24/2009.

1 comment:

TB said...

As a frequent flyer, I share your hate of Dumb Ass Kid, almost as much as I hate Fat Ass Dude that sits in front of me and drops his seat all the way back the second he's able. But I've got a solution for the latter, learned by Dumb Ass Kid: bury my knee into the back of his chair. Repeatedly. And #2, wait til he's good and asleep, then open and close my tray...repeatedly.

Great fun.

I usually give Dumb Ass Kid's mom the death stare walking by to go to the washroom. And when that fails, suddenly drop my seat when I get back the next time he hits me. I once had a kid leaning down to pick something up and may have concussed him dropping my seat quickly.

Great fun.

Oh, if you do the latter, be sure to move your seat back upright quick. That way they are left to wonder if you meant that shit.