...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steelers NOT going to the Superbowl


Oh, sure. We'll pummel the hapless Norv Turner led Charger today. But Pittsburgh's worst nightmares were realized yesterday when the superior Baltimore Raven took care of business as usual against the Titan.

Baltimore is just TOO good. There's absolutely no way we can beat them 3 times in one year, so unfortunately, our run for #6 will be short-lived.

Ray Lewis just may be the best defensive player to ever step on the field. At least he's the most intimidating. I'm not sure about the rest of yinz, but I do get a little scared when he's out there. I'm sure, while they don't admit it, there's a few Steelers on the offensive side of the ball who feel the same way.

But the great thing about Ray is that he makes everyone on his DEF a better player. I mean...have you ever scene how he gets the rest of his teammates all jacked up? This is what makes him a first ballot Hall of Famer. He can will...not only the DEF side...but the entire Raven team to victory just by his crazy antics. I was never a believer, but I am now...admittedly.

If the Steelers could do it all over again, I bet they wish they could've drafted Lewis. That way, we wouldn't have to be scared of playing him twice a year.

My Beloved Steeler made a nice run. It was fun while it lasted. Unfortunately, it will be over next week after Baltimore comes to town. Seriously...look how big his arms are...

No comments: