...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

TWO POINTS!!! TWO POINTS!!!!

WE GOT TWO POINTS!!! PENS WIN! A Power Play Goal was scored! YAY!!! YAY!!!

Ok, to go along with the brand new Pens winning streak, we've got TWO (Count 'em 2!!) New Years' Revolutions for Empties Crushed:

1) No more negative talk about the Pens. All your negative energy JUST MAKES ME STRONGER!

2) You, the loyal readers of EC deserve better...all five of you. Empties Crushed brings you this solemn promise (I put it to you, Greg!)...Not a SINGLE EFFIN DAY will go by in 2009 without a post from EC. And I've got Dan Yost's back on this. As a matter of fact, DY was just telling me the other day..."If a day goes by, and there is not a single post on Empties Crushed, then you can punch me (Dan Yost) in the face."

Now as optimistic as the staff of EC is, we realize this is a lofty goal. What...with games to see, Bob to be heard, shows to attend, drinks to drink...this will be a tough task indeed. So the quality or the length of said daily posts may not always be up to what you've come to expect here. But there will be an EFFIN POST. For the love of Steven Gerrard, there will be a post.

Ruslan Fedotenko is out a month, after breaking his hand on Colby Armstrong's face. Now I love Colby just as much as the next Yinzer, but I cheer for the logo on the front of the jersey, NOT the name on the back...

5 comments:

Pittsburgh Pickup Broomball said...

I missed that conversation, Gare...

But, if I said that, then I said that...

gary said...

That's right!! It's all coming back to me. It wasn't a punch in the face...I think it was a swift kick to the noots.

Not just a kick...

but a "swift" kick you had volunteered for.

TB said...

Jacked for daily updates!

Anonymous said...

by "punch in the face" surely you guys really mean "I just might... break your fuckin' face tonight!"

gary said...

LOL!!!

Like a Chainsaw? Skin your ass raw?