...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

!!! at the Rex

Coming this Tuesday...should be a good time.

Gotta like a band whose name you can pronounce anyway you see fit. While the common pronunciation is "Chk Chk Chk," I thinks "Sid Sid Sid" works. Go ahead and try it out yourself. I guess the only rule of thumb is: !!! is "pronounced as any sound repeated three times." Probably complicates things on the Google front...but that's a small sacrifice.

I guess their new drummer, Paul Quattrone, is from the Burgh. So that's cool.

At Grant Park for Lollapalooza in 2007, doing "All My Heroes are Weirdos." Check out the moves from lead singer Nic Offer. We gotta party with this dood...



Check 'em out on MySpace HERE.

(left click to play; right to download)
!!! - Me And Giuliani Down By The School Yard (A True Story)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those shorts...so wrong.

Dan Rohde! said...

Dewey Cox Air Humping! just what I need on my MUNDAY !!!!


What happend to my Lollapalooza?

Anonymous said...

YOU DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS SHIT, DEWEY!!

Yost, Tirpak, Jess & I are checkin out some chk chk chk at the Rex tomorrow. Come join us!!

gary said...

i agree w/ Ned, though. The shorts are kinda tough. Could be worse though...he could be dressed like that dude from Of Montreal...