...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

STUPID...

is having your Pitcher bat 8th in the line-up. It is equally as STUPID when smart guy Tony LaRussa does it. I don't even follow baseball anymore, but I do know that it is simply a STUPID move by someone wanting to look smart. There's a reason nobody in baseball ever does it. It's STUPID. As a matter of fact...NOTHING says "I want to appear to be smart while I'm really STUPID" better than batting your pitcher 8th in the line-up.

On the brighter side of things, the Pens have inked Pascal DuPuis to a 3-year, $3.5 million dollar deal. YAY! We'll save the YAY! for when/if they sign Hossa.


And Gino Machino is "very close" to signing a deal that looks very similar to Crosby's deal. We will see.

Finally...

Jim Rome just belted out 61 "Gimme Back My Son!!'s" and I can not stop laughing.

No comments: