...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Because someone around here was clammoring for some Nirvana...

I guess the timing fits...

Sub Pop Records is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month. Congrats to Sub Pop, one of the preeminent indie labels around, and thank you for a glorious 20 years. Here's to the next 20 (cheers).

From the '89 album Bleach released on Sub Pop, "Love Buzz" live in Austria...



I believe that is Chad Channing on drums.

And speaking of Sub Pop bands, appears Oxford Collapse is playing the Burgh, Diesel to be exact. They will be opening for We Are Scientists on Monday, August 11th. While we are not big fans of We Are Scientists, we do like us some Oxford Collapse...

(left click to play; right to download)
::Oxford Collapse - Prop Cars::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love me my nirvana!

gary said...

cool...and you weren't even the person I was referring to.

everybody wins...

Anonymous said...

i know...which is why i had to state my case.

Won't you believe it it's just my luck?
NO RECESSS!