...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Sid!

The kid...is now the man. Cheers, mate.

I guess the legal drinking age in Canada is 19, so no big deal as far as that goes. #87's been getting hammered for 2 years now.

I looked all over for a Sid highlight video with some cool tuneage, but the best I could find had Sid scoring goals to Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero." And I just couldn't bring myself to that. Why not a Sid highlight vid skating to something like "Skills Like This" or "Search and Destroy?" Next year...for Sir Sid...I'll do it my damn self.

So here's the best I could do...straight from our very own seats, putting puck in net for organization in a 4-3 shootout winner last October vs. Carolina (followed by some obnoxious fan who is way too excited)...

6 comments:

TB said...

Good call on "Skills Like This" - that song should be a sporting staple everywhere.

Anonymous said...

reinvented nightly!!
god that tune rules.

gary, i know you're an indie rocker through and through and don't let any of that metal shit into your life like your friends up north do, but it's "seek and destroy" not "search and destroy."

teehee

gary said...

haha...

i was actually speaking of the Iggy Pop and the Stooges tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYALsp-sIg

so there :)

gary said...

ok...i'll play my metal naivity...

what's "seek and destroy"?

Anonymous said...

ya know, i'm well aware of the iggy tune -- i just thought it was called "searchin' to destroy."

my bad.

less forgivable however is your not knowing the metallica EPIC called "seek and destroy."

seriously. hunt it down. unreal. and i'm not even a metallica nut. EPIC.

Anonymous said...

fair warning: it might change your life.