...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Steve Smith Apologizes


Everyone has been involved in a beat down once in their life. Beat downs happen. Whether a good beat down solves anything or not is a conversation for another day. Carolina WR Steve Smith, the perp in this case, offers his apology for the beat down he issued at practice earlier this week...

"I'm not going to get into who's right, who's wrong. I'm completely wrong. It was an asinine decision. And I'll move forward better than I probably have ever had to. It's the first time in my life that I really haven't forgiven myself. I will not put myself into a position where I have to defend myself, to state my side of the story. There's no side. There's only one side, a lack of judgment on my part. That's really all I have to say. I have no excuse."

Pretty refreshing to hear this from an NFL player. Appears Smith is toeing the Mike Tomlin line of thought on excuses (that would be an excuse, and we don't make them). Good for Smith. If only other professional athletes (insert asshat's name here) would realize...sometimes saying sorry, or "my bad," is all we need to hear.

In other NFL news...

Green Bay is moving on without Favre. Chalk one up for fans who are completely sick and tired of professional athletes who retire/un-retire/retire/un-retire. THE GAME IS BIGGER THAN THE PLAYER. Good thing ESPN doesn't follow that philosophy or they'd risk ostracizing some of those "Who's Next" athletes.

No comments: