...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

High Tension

must see for the horror fans. Alexandre Aja (much like Rob Zombie, Neil Marshall, and Eli Roth) gives hope for the modern horror film...



Only one part of this film I didn't care for, which I won't mention due to spoiler-ness, but it still wasn't enough to detract from the overall piece.

One other note: I love the way the horror genre pays homage to its history, where modern directors will often incorporate some of the stylings of past generations. Perhaps it was just me, but High Tension appeared to have more than a couple instances of this (Argento and Carpenter, in particular, come to mind).

No comments: