...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gattuso in need of Chill Pill

from yesterday's Champions League action. AC Milan and MF Gennaro Gattuso are not having the best of days vs Tottenham, so Gattuso throws a tantrum.



...and this was just the start of it. What a cheeky little bastard.



In other CL play, all-time leading Euro scorer Raul ruins my Valencia prediction as Schalke 04 gets the away draw. Then I call the draw in the Spurs W over Milan, and after a late Ibra goal is nixed for a foul...an 0-2 start to the Knockout Stage for me. I do have Spurs to advance, tho, so that looks nice.

Today: the big match everyone's anticipating...Barcelona visits the Emirates to face Arsenal. Should be a cracker. Barca has not lost in something like 350 consecutive matches, so I'm laying the odds with my squad to advance after 2 legs.

I'm also taking Shakhtar Donetsk to advance past Roma, looking at a draw in the 1st leg in Italy (based on a hunch from a pal).

No comments: