...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, June 06, 2008

An example of why I loathe ESPN...

and want no part of the NHL going back there:

After Game 6, Barry Melrose was reporting that:

Sidney Crosby refused to speak to the media after the game.

Really? I guess I was dreaming about the horde of reporters surrounding his locker as he was near-tear and answering all questions, with Ryan Malone's broken face sitting next to him. Matter of fact, I heard the audio on ESPN Radio Pittsburgh. At least I thought I did.

If you meant he didn't attend a formal press conference, than say "he didn't attend a formal press conference."

Note to ESPN producers:

EVERYTHING DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A FUCKING SOAP OPERA. Once and awhile, it's OK to report on "sports." There doesn't have to be a shocking story attached to everything, morons. Less "E" and more "S," please.

And if it was simply an oversight by The Mullet: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, BEAN BAG. And do so before you try to stir up controversy.

No comments: