...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hoops

EC's official Final 4 Selections:

The Buckeye
The Blue Devil
The Fighting Irishman
The Panther


And we're gonna roll with the Buckeye over the Panther in the championship.

Buyer beware: we've watched less hoops this year than forever since I can remember.

Funny...I remember not too long ago, doing a certain Bracket show...with a viewership of about 5...where we'd break down all 64 teams.  I'd have a binder filled with notes on every team in the field.  But prior to this week, I couldn't tell you one single player on Ohio St. 

That's how disinterested I've become. I don't know why.  Maybe it's because all these guys look so pissed off all the time.  You score, you get angry.  I'm not sure I get that mentality.  Be happy.  It's so much easier.

But anyway...once the Madness hits, it's hard not to fill out a bracket pool or five.

**** Saw a tidbit on how Grant Hill objected to Jalen Rose calling him an "Uncle Tom" in the new Fab Five documentary. Then saw Jalen try to explain that it wasn't how he felt NOW...more or less that's how he felt THEN. Understandable...but no mention to how sad it was that he or his teammates once felt that way. Pretty unfortunate. I have yet to see the Fab Five thingy, but I am curious if they mention one thing: Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson never won a single thing at Michigan. Or is that just a footnote?

**** This is old news (a couple years, maybe?)...but no more Billy Packer.  And that is awesome.

**** VCU Head Coach Chaka Kahn called out Jay Bilas after his squad ousted USC in the play-in game last night. (note: we refuse to call this the 1st round, it's officially the play-in round to us). Bilas was pretty adimant Sunday that VCU was not deserving of a bid into the dance. He also explained that just because they got in....doesn't mean they can't win a game or two. So "not deserving" and "not being capable" are two different things, and we can see the distinction. So I guess Chaka is going to use the overused "us against the world" thingy.

No comments: